Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Never Never Land

When I was a child, the diminishing daylight hours determined what time to be back inside the house; until then, we were free to run and play without constraints. Now-a-days, children stay indoors, avoiding exposure to global warming. Sitting in the darkness, the little vampires manipulate their fingers across alphabetic keyboards instead of braving the elements. They do not create worlds made of cardboard boxes; they do not roller-skate or run through sprinklers; their minds have been born vessels for social media, and there seems to be no room for creative imagination outside of the keyboard. 

Ironic then...that here, in this arena, where many worlds have the ability to collide electronically; this place where I struggle to find a connection to technology, struggle to let go of old ideas of my childhood, that I have decided to share something, that up until now, only my imagination could have dreamed.

Embracing the global impact of technological outreach, I share here, my realistic journey toward parenthood.

In the fantastic words of a boy who never grew up..."Come on, everybody- here we go"...

No comments:

Post a Comment